2013-05-10

Memoir - 3



This is my old memory.


---------------------------------------

The Visitor at 2 am in London
June 16th 2010




After staying for a week in Paris, I went to London by Euro Star.

On the second night in London, while sleeping in my hotel room, I was woken by a noise. The noise was the sound of someone trying to open the door of my room!!! I put my heavy luggage in front of the door- the first thought in my sleepy brain was that would make it hard to open, and my room would be safe. Once I was getting fully awake I realized how dangerous it might be. I was scared and shouted, "Hey! What are you doing?"

However, the person kept trying to open the door. It was 2 am! I was really scared and was trying to look at the person through the peephole, but it was higher than my head. It is too high, isn't it? My height is 158 cm though... I moved a chair and looked at like a child. He was a middle aged man, and I understood that he was just drunk and lost his way because it was a little difficult to find a room on a large floor. He kept trying to open my rooms's door and the neighboring room's in turn. When I was wondering if I should call a front desk, a member of the hotel staff arrived. He took the drunk somewhere. Speaking of which, I dreamed of a similar situation the previous day. I guess that was real and not a dream. I wan't woken up because of fatigue.

 

























No comments:

Post a Comment