I made a lot of rough copies of this blog and haven't post it yet.
I'm going to post the original diary,which I wrote a long time ago,
without changing anything.
The old entry brings back so many memories.
----------------------------------------------------
A Terrible Start in Europe
June 7th 2010
Soon after arriving in Paris, I got a call from my company.
"You have to come back to Japan a day earlier because you got an important job."
It was good news for me, but my trip ended then and there.
I had to come back to Japan just when Brad Meldau's concert was about to start,
which was the main purpose of this trip!!
The reason why I went to Europe was lost.
I caught a cold from a woman sitting next to me on the airplane bound for Paris.
The reason why I went to Europe was lost.
I caught a cold from a woman sitting next to me on the airplane bound for Paris.
When I arrived there, it was 30 degrees!
I walked a lot in the heat, and my symptoms were getting worse.
I walked a lot in the heat, and my symptoms were getting worse.
I guess my immunity was weakening then. Moreover, I got a stye!
I managed to explain my situation in my poor English and asked
I managed to explain my situation in my poor English and asked
the hotel staff to translate it into French before going to a pharmacy.
She wrote it down for me in my notebook.
Thirdly, the hotel I had booked in Paris was quite small and had some problems,
so I had to find and move to another hotel.
It was so hard to find another hotel because a lot of events were being held in Paris
that month. Finally, I found a new hotel.
The new room had two bed rooms with two beds each,
a living room, and a kitchen. You can imagine easily how very expensive.
I wasn't allowed to recuperate in the previous room and yet,
I wasn't allowed to recuperate in the previous room and yet,
I had to pay extra for the cancellation.
I couldn't be patient a previous room
I couldn't be patient a previous room
even though I had to pay cancellation and extra money and moved to another hotel.
I feel I often write about my bad experiences during my trip here.
It has become warm recently in Japan.
I feel I often write about my bad experiences during my trip here.
It has become warm recently in Japan.
No comments:
Post a Comment