2013-05-10

Memoir - 2


This is my old memory.


------------------------------------

The Suspicious Man I Met in Paris
June 9th 2010


When I was eating lunch at a cafe, a French man asked me, "Are you Japanese?"
It seems so hard for Western people to recognize the difference between Asian ethnicity, but in this case I was specifically called a Japanese. He had been living in Japan not so long ago and has just come back to France from Japan, so he seemed to want to talk with someone in Japanese. I thought I could talk only for a short time because I caught a cold in Paris and didn't have a lot of plans that day. He wasn't my type though...


After talking for a while, he said, "Would you like to read the Bible with me? Ahhhh, I see! His purpose for talking to me was to invite me to a form of Christianity. I answered that I have read the Bible and knew about it well, so I didn't need to read it anymore. This answer was to decline his invitation. Of course, it wasn't my intention of denying Christianity. I know there are a lot of Japanese people who get a metal disease in Paris. We call this disease the "Paris syndrome."

According to my friend, they often talk to people who seem sad or unhealthy because it's easy to invite to their group. If so, he has an eye for people because I was getting a cold and I must have looked sick. After asking some questions, he gave up inviting me and left the cafe. Unfortunately, I may have strange powers for attracting suspicious men also in Tokyo and in other countries.




























No comments:

Post a Comment