2011-10-05

The Painting That I Shed Tears





One of my favorite painter is Klimt because his works include a lot of Japanese elements I like, so when I went to NY, I went to Neue gallery, which also has a delicious restaurant. :p However, the painting that I shed tears was not Klimt’s one. At last I saw a moving painting in a Metropolitan museum.

I stood there motionless while I looked at Claude Monet’s “Ice Floes” and I tried hard to hold back my tears. Honestly, I had not been moved by paintings before that day. The next moment a curator said, "We are closing soon." I was looking at the same painting until the museum closed! No way!

Until then, I didn't know why his works are so popular and privately, I had been thinking with no confidence that Monet had bad sight because almost his works are vague colors.

I didn’t know why I was moved so much. Now I looked at the picture on the internet, but I couldn’t feel anything. The real thing has power which we can’t see.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/11/2011

    YESS! I'd love to see that painting in real life! I do not feel much through the photo as well. You cried because you've got innocent soul^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe since I have cruel soul, I was moved by the touching painting! However, I hope I am such a person you told. Caspin, thank you for the kind word!

    ReplyDelete