2011-08-29

Where Are Pokemon?



The other day, I saw a painted airplane at the airport and it reminded me of this topic.
Look at the above picture!

A few years ago, I got on an airplane called “Pokemon Jet” which has Pokemon painted on the outside of it.

Do you know what Pokemon are? They are characters from a popular anime in Japan. When I was waiting to board, I saw a very cute boy who looked like he was around four years old. He seemed so excited to get on it. I guess his parents booked the airplane for him since he likes Pokemon. After getting on the airplane, he was looking for Pokemon and asked his mother,


“Where are Pokemon?” 

“I’m sorry Pokemon are not here ahhh...... well........... because they are outside!”


His mother said to him. He started crying his heart out while saying,



“There are no POKEMOOOOON!!!”


The characters are just painted on the airplane so there weren’t decorations of them on the inside at the time. I think he actually thought he would see Pokemon on the airplane. His mother and a flight attendant gave some Pokemon goods to him and they managed to make him calm down. He was cute!!

I envy kids a little because even if I want to cry loudly, I can’t cry like that. It seems good for an adult’s mental health too to cry loudly sometimes, doesn’t it?

On a side note, I didn’t know “Pokemon” is the abbreviation of “pocket monsters” up until recently. This seems like common sense in Japan. ahaha ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment