2011-08-05

Declaration of Love

My friend’s blog reminded me of this topic.

An Asian man and I were class mates in university. One day, he invited me to a dinner to consult me about something. The consultation was that he had fallen in love with his Japanese frined, but she had a boyfriend, so he didn’t know what he should do. There was little likelihood of getting close to her. The graduation day was close at hand, so he might not have a chance to tell his love to her. I gave some advice and I was thinking that it’s wonderful to love someone deeply while listening to him talking. When he saw me home, he asked if he could do a rehearsal of telling his love with me. I agreed. I had not imagined that he would rehearse so seriously though. He held my hands, looked at my eyes and said:


I really want to be with you.
You are over 30, so you have to have a baby soon.
I think your boyfriend will leave from you in near future.
I would never leave you.
I would never hurt you....blah blah blah.....

What a poor guy! At this point, I thought in my mind that he said "he would never hurt you," but he has hurt her feelings already. Roughly speaking, his story was like that. I couldn’t believe my ears. His talking didn’t make sense because it was full of mistakes. Of course, I pointed out his mistakes, but he never changed his style. Assuming her answer was so easy that I didn’t need to  ask him about it.

I didn't understand at all why he told about her age and her physical things. It is the worst love phrase that I've ever heard of.

I wonder he found a girlfriend. He lives in Europe now. Next month I’m going to Europe so I’m wondering if I should contact him or not.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/08/2011

    That is quite awkward, yeah? I think it's okay to contact him if you guys were close classmates back in university. And maybe your friend was too nervous so he didn't know what to say so maybe he mentioned her age? Guys do not understand our feelings in general, you know?
    Why don't you just say hello and ask how's he doing in Europe? Good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caspin, You also didn't understand why he said her age, did you? I'm glad to know that! Yeah, maybe he was nervous, but it was quite strange... I contacted him for the first time in 5 years. He has already gone back to his home country. (・・;)))

    ReplyDelete