2011-08-09

The Violin Which Lost its Way

Musicians insure musical instruments against accidental damage. My friend’s violin was stolen while she was in New York. She was devastated. Three months later, her violin was found in China. She flew to China immediately so she could take her violin back in its original condition. The expenses were covered by her insurance. Musical instruments have a serial number, so it’s difficult to resell them illegally. Even though lost things are found somewhere, we can hardly ever take them back in their original condition, so this was a rare case.

Another friend left her flute on a bullet train, but her flute was found at the terminal which was 500km away from the station where she got on it.
How safe Japan is! or maybe she was just lucky!

Incidentally, I don't insure my musical instrument to save money! hehe ^^;

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/2011

    Wow, I can imagine your friend's feelings when she got stolen by someone in New York! I wonder who does that horrible thing! It must be very important to her. But I'm glad she found it at last! But why on earth in China? How did it get there!?

    And that's cute, haha. Maybe you're good at taking care of your flute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why it was found in China either. Yeah, we have to take care of our musical instruments very much. The flute of another friend living in NY had been almost robbed by a theft. She didn't release her hold on her flute so the theft hit on her face and body over and over. After the accident, she had to stay in hospital for a few days. How horrible....

    ReplyDelete