Some of my friends sometimes tell me, "You often see really interesting or odd people in the street." Yes, actually I often see various types of people as I have written about that before here.
When I was in a public restroom in Paris, two girls were putting on a makeup. Then, one of them said to me,
"Could you apply sunscreen on my back?"
"Ehhhh?! Why me? Why not your friend? Again?"
I told myself that. To tell the truth, I had the same experience in London last year. At that time, they looked like delinquent girls so I obliged to their request without complaining. This time they didn't look like that, but I thought applying something on a stranger's body may not be unusual thing in Europe. Although, I didn't have enough abilities in French to talk back to her. That's why I applied it on her back even though the upper body was almost naked.
After I got back to Japan, I told this story to my British friend.
He said, "I don't think that is normal. You met an unusual person again!!"
Is there anyone who has ever applied sunscreen on a stranger's back in a restroom?
I'm guessing that the answer is NO!
Yes, My answer is 'NO', too! That sure is odd experiences but I think odds are good unless they're dangerous. Your experiences are very interesting! But maybe it's because you travel a lot!
ReplyDeleteI thought so too!! Travelling by oneself sometimes brings strange experiences to a traveller. You may be afraid, but someday try to do it! It must be fun! Since Tokyo is a quite safe place and you can speak Japanese, you may not have odd experience here though...
ReplyDelete