2011-07-25

Oh My Goodness!!

Since I recently got some really bad news, I've been depressed, but at last, I got a little good news from my friend yesterday. My friend told me that her child, who is a nine year old girl, dreams of becoming me! Yay!!

I've been feeling depressed so please forgive me screaming it here! I don't know why she thinks so, but those words coming from a little kid made me very happy. Thinking back now, every time I meet her, she praises me. Even though she says good things about me, I always just say “thank you.” I didn’t doubt her words, but this was a bad habit of mine. I sometimes feel that people just try to flatter me, so I can't trust their normal compliments. That's why I'm not good at praising people. While writing this entry, I recalled a proverb maybe I have written before here.

Kind words can be short and easy to say, but their echoes are truly endless.
Mother Teresa

I want to try to say good things honestly from now on. Words, like the ones she said to me, can be helpful to people.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/31/2011

    Wow, the one Mother Teresa have said is beautiful! But really, it is very true.
    And aww your friend's daughter is so cute and sweet! I can tell she admires of you and I bet that is indescribable feeling. I hope I can be someone, people who wants to be me in the future as well!
    And try it, the words in return will make you happier than ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can become someone whom you would like to become! That was the quality compliment for me. Yep! I should try!!

    Yeah, Mother Teresa left of a large number of good proverbs. One of my favorite her word's title is "Do it anyway."

    ReplyDelete