2011-07-15

Encounters During a Trip



When I go abroad by myself, I often encounter various types of people.

I thought I was used to using Paris' public transportation so I was supposed to read a book at a bookstore until a limousine bus left for the airport. After a while, I realized that I read books for too long! It was too late to go back to the hotel I stayed at by using subways. I asked where the taxi stand was at the information desk. She tried to call a taxi for me, but since I didn't have time to wait, I declined her offer.

That was a bad idea.....

There were no taxis at the taxi stand. Even though I found a taxi in a street, it already had passengers. After trying to get a taxi for 10 minutes, I gradually grew impatient. I was loudly hailing a taxi on the opposite lane. Then a fashionable old lady watching me caught a taxi and called me from a short distance, "Madam, you can take this cab!" My behavior must have stood out because it was a high status residential area. Thanks to that lady, I was able to catch the bus at the very last minute.

When I was in a trouble at the station in Paris, a French lady helped me. After we had a conversation, she gave me her business card. She runs her own French restaurant and invited me. A few days later, I went there. It was a very nice restaurant and the food was very tasty!

That's why I like travelling by myself!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/18/2011

    Ohh, what a great entry! I remember you telling me about the woman, she's so nice and I'm glad the dish was great :D

    I really the photo that you posted. Did you take it by yourself? The quality is great and needless to say, that architecture... that made me breathless for a second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet of you to say!
    I took it with my cell phone camera. lol

    When you take a picture in Paris, the pictures become always artistic because every places are romantic. ^^

    ReplyDelete