![]() |
| in Brugge |
After staying in Berlin, I went to Brugge in Belgium.
Brugge is called Northern Venice since tourists can go sightseeing around the city by gondola. When I got on the gondola, the boatman was explaining about the town in English and French. After a short while, he noticed that German people were also on the boat so he spoke in German too! If his mother tongue is Dutch, he probably speaks four languages at least.
When I go to Europe, I occasionally meet a polyglot, but that boatman was one of the superior polyglot I've met. I can't even speak my second language, English, fluently. I envy him!!
Speaking of which, the menu in the resaturant I went to was written in five languages: Dutch, French, English, German, Spanish. It seems so hard for someone to work in this restaurant.
However, the number of languages were still less than those on a TV program I watched in Taiwan last year. The TV program has 18 subtitles!
| the menu with 5 languages |
![]() |
| the TV program with 18 subtitles |


No comments:
Post a Comment