2016-06-19

Life is Subtraction




"You think you have many chances to do many things whenever you want, but in fact,
life is subtraction. When you meet someone once,
it will be subtracted from the set number of times in your life."


This is a saying that my Taiwanese friend told me quite long time ago.

Every time I meet my mother these days, I feel like that she knows this.

When I was a kid, my mother used to say that she wants to live at least
until the age that her mother passed away.
She will be the age in four years. I usually talk with my mother a few times in a week,
but we live far away so I can meet my parent only once or twice in a year.
If my mother passed away at the same age as her mother,
the remaining of times that I can meet her is only seven times at a maximum.
My mother cares about me very much, but I sometimes take if for granted.
Spending time with my parents should be more precious,
and I feel I have to show my appreciation more.
Next year I'll be the age that my mother lost her mother.

For these reasons, I'm thinking about my life a lot recently.






No comments:

Post a Comment