2014-06-27
Which of the five senses is the strongest for keeping memory?
I have been wondering what it is for a long time
and was thinking it would be the sense of smell.
I stumbled across this answer and totally got to the bottom of my question today!
According to a scientific survey, only the sense of smell among the five senses
directly links to limbic system.
That's why it is considered that the memory remembered by the sense of smell is
clearer and more emotional than the memories of the other senses.
It is also considered that since the primitive mammals were nocturnal,
and they had to judge if food is edible by smelling,
the sense of smell is more developed than the others.
As an aside, I've been receiving listening training since I was a child.
I would think my memory of listening is quite good, but somehow,
I can't remember only the voice of a person whom I really loved.
This is also from a survey: when people lose someone,
we tend to forget their voice first. I think that makes sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment