2013-02-01

Oh Noooooooooooooooo!





When my mother was cleaning up my grandmother's house, 
she burned the family tree document in the yard with the rest of the trash. 
She didn't think it was the original family tree document, 
as she thought it was stored in another location. 
The old original document actually was in another place a few years ago. 
I guess my grandmother had thrown it away when she got the new one. 

We lost our documented family history, which went back over 150 years. 
My mother and my aunt don't seem to mind that this has happened. 
We can never return to the past, but was it really such an unimportant document? 

I'm wondering if as people begin to age, they more easily forget things, 
and accept things as truth. 
I think I was the most disappointed person among my family members at losing our family tree.  











No comments:

Post a Comment