While choosing something to eat for dinner in the middle of last night at a convenience store, and with a quite serious look on my face, a non-Japanese spoke to me in Japanese. He seemed to have already spoken to me a few times.
"Excuse me, what's the meaning of this Japanese?"
He asked me, while he was pointing out a product,
"What about this?"
I wondered why he didn't look for it in a dictionary by himself, but it was a bit fun so I kept answering his questions for a while. Just like that, his Japanese lesson had started at a convenience store in the middle of the night. Looking at the food that I was holding, he asked,
"Are you going to start to eat all of them now?"
Then, I thought "What am I doing with a stranger at late night?! I should go home right now because I'm exhausted and want to eat dinner and sweets before it gets late." It was already late though. I stopped answering his questions mid-conversation, and I quickly bought my food and sweets and left. I chose to eat sweets over holding an interesting conversation. In the end, sweets were a superior choice to a nice guy for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment