This is a story from a Japanese woman who married a British man.
The day before their wedding, the groom made a wedding bouquet of chrysanthemums for his bride. Looking at the bouquet on the wedding day, the bride was lost for words for a moment. She had complex feelings because chrysanthemums are a flower for funeral services in Japan, but she was glad about what he did. I believe that 200 or more are used in Japanese funeral services. She attended the wedding ceremony with the bouquet without telling this to him. The wedding ceremony was closing in so there was no choice.
Ten years have already passed since their wedding. Since she has not told this to him, he probably doesn't know the truth yet. Someday, if her husband attends a Japanese funeral service, he might be surprised at the flowers if he remembers the bouquet he made.
Cultural differences sometimes cause sweet problems like this. If I were her position, I would not have been able to attend my wedding ceremony, which would be the biggest event in my life, with that bouquet because I don't like chrysanthemums!!
No comments:
Post a Comment