At the end of last year, the school I work for hired a new employee.
I had the impression that the new employee had studied the piano for a long time and possibly the violin as well. I didn't have a chance to talk to her and couldn't ask about it last year, but last week I did. The following is the conversation with the new employee Ms. A, another talkative colleague Ms B and me.
Me: Have you ever studied musical instruments?
A: Well... What made you think I have?
B: Try to guess which instruments she learned how to play!
Me: I'm not sure, but I feel some melody from Ms A so I thought that she must have learned the piano.
A and B: Wow!!
A: I studies the piano from when I was four years old until I entered college.
Me: Really? I also sense a little bit of the violin in you.
A and B: Eek!!
B: She has also learned the violin for a short time!!
Me: Woooow!
B: How about me?
Me: Hmmmmm, I don't sense the special musical instrument in you, but if I had to pick one, it would be the clarinet.
A and B: Eeeeeeek!!
B: I studied the clarinet for three years.
Me: Unbelievable!
B: It's true! Maybe you can get a new job as a soothsayer.
We were all very surprised and talked animatedly for a while longer. Fellow musicians often find it easy to associate other musicians with their musical instruments according to the personal character, but in this case, since I had not talked to her before, I was a bit scared by my intuition!
As a side note, in my experience, flute players don't seem to get along with trumpet players. For me, it's easy to understand. If I find that a person that is hard to deal with, she or he is usually a trumpet player.
No comments:
Post a Comment