2011-09-28

Impure Motives


How do you keep your motivation for studying someting?


Unfortunately, my motivation for English is from a bitter experience from the past. On the other hand, one of my friends who studies Japanese has a beautiful motive. He can't smoothly communicate with his special someone in Japanese, so he studies Japanese very hard. Recently, his Japanese ability is getting better rapidly.

Our motives are very different and I think that my motives are impure. Compared to him, my motive is so trifling that it doesn't deserve to write here.

I wonder if my studying is making rapid progress when I have a special someone who speaks English.... It can be!

The power of love is terrific.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/01/2011

    I agree with you but I'd like to say do not rush. The more you rush, the more you feel pressured and might end up not even looking at one word. So, do it little by little! That's how I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since what I can tell is less than half of what I really want to tell, it's very inconvenient that I can't speak English.
    A smart Korean man like you told me, "you should study some English text books for grammar." So I asked a lot of English questions to him and then he said, "Don't be greedy!" lol I guess "a little" you meant is "quite much" of me, but maybe I must take it easy! I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/02/2011

    No no, do not get jealous of me, Ari! I don't think I'm good at English either! I still make so many mistakes and I feel bad about not studying anything! But I really dislike studying grammars and vocabularies >.< It just makes me so annoying lol But I just read some books and learn grammar from there! They use metaphor, right? I love metaphors even in Korean so.. just read books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I'll read some books! I've never searched these books on the internet, but "Pride and Prejudice" you told me and some other books were put on my google ebook. Mystery!

    ReplyDelete