2011-09-02

凹凸 are KANJI!!


Unbelievable!

I had been thinking 凹凸 were a kind of world common sign such as ♀♂, but last week I learned that those are Kanji!


凹凸 read : OU TOTSU means : Irregularity, Rough, Ruggedness...


If it was in reverse 凸凹, you can call it DEKOBOKO, which has the same meaning as 凹凸, but this reverse way of reading and writing are not proper. I guess that it's used more in conversation. 

Japanese people sometimes use it and it is a very common word. Perhaps, many of them use it as a sign like what I did. 

Do they look like kanji to you?

They didn't look like it to me!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/11/2011

    I'm actually surprised that you didn't know they were kanji? I knew it but only separately and I remember I used to use it to my close friend when I was in elementary, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It was quite strange, wasn't it?
    You learned those kanji in elementary school? Wow! Probably I've never learned it in school. lol

    ReplyDelete