2011-02-23

Synesthesia, Colored Hearing

When I was a child, I had the feeling of colors when hearing musical notes, which is called synesthesia.  Until quite recently, I thought everyone has also felt it, but I was wrong.

I have a music class for children once a week. When I was teaching solfeggio to a student last week, I asked her about it. She said "yes, do is red. Re is light yellow. Mi is ......"

Her answers were exactly the same as mine." We don't feel much color for mi and la. Since it was interesting, I asked the same question to other students too. Some children feel colors for notes, but most adults don't feel it.

Maybe only children have this special ability!
We talked about the color of other things too. We agreed that math is blue.

Do you feel the color like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment