"Absolutely not!"
Last weekend, a certain emcee asked this question to me while attending my acquaintance's wedding party to play some musical pieces. He asked the same question to other ensemble members. After we played some pieces, he requested a congratulatory speech from one of the members. The next moment, he said:
"Ari, could you give your advice of a married life to them?"
My outlook was overly optimistic because he had asked another member so I thought I could avoid the request!
"To be honest, if someone knows the answer, I'd like to know it, but according to ---san, the emcee, one of the important things in married life is kissing every morning and night."
What a stupid question! I talked about the emcee's story which I heard in an anteroom before the party started. I was the youngest of the ensemble members, moreover the groom was around fifty years old and this marriage was the second time for him. I'm not so stupid that I would advise on married life to someone who has more experience than me. I wonder why only my question was for advice not a congratulatory speech.
What a stupid question! I talked about the emcee's story which I heard in an anteroom before the party started. I was the youngest of the ensemble members, moreover the groom was around fifty years old and this marriage was the second time for him. I'm not so stupid that I would advise on married life to someone who has more experience than me. I wonder why only my question was for advice not a congratulatory speech.
After the party, "I'll ask you a question if we meet somewhere again," he said so and left. His word reminded me of something. I asked one of the members if we had met him before and she said,
"Don't you remember him? He asked you a question in a charity event a few years ago like today. He seems to enjoy teasing you."
"Ahhhh! I have met him."
It's difficult for me to give a speech to someone whom I don't know well. I might as well play some musical pieces as give speech. I'll never forget him, and I'll repond well when he aska me something next time!
"Don't you remember him? He asked you a question in a charity event a few years ago like today. He seems to enjoy teasing you."
"Ahhhh! I have met him."
It's difficult for me to give a speech to someone whom I don't know well. I might as well play some musical pieces as give speech. I'll never forget him, and I'll repond well when he aska me something next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment