Since two of my students were absent from my lesson, I had two hours free time on Thursday. When I was about to go to a cafe to kill time, I heard a beautiful piano melody coming from the room next to mine, so I decided to stay and listen instead.
The person who was playing the piano is one of my colleagues and the pianist who broke my piano at home the other day. Probably, her students were also absent. I sometimes go to her room to pass time, but yesterday I felt like listening to her play the piano. I read a translated book which was written by a French author while I was thinking that this music may be one of Schumann's pieces.
I realised how amazing my workplace is!
I can read a beautiful Japanese book and listen to beautiful music there. Live performance is much better than CD even if there is a wall between us. I tried to ignore the poor piano melody which was coming from the opposite room and listen to her piano playing. If I was in the same room as the pianist, I couldn't concentrate on reading the book so this distance was comfortable for me.
"Would you like to use a larger room with the grand piano?" The school staff sometimes suggest this kindly because my speciality is not the piano and I use a small room with an upright piano, but even so, I wanted to stay there to listen and so declined her suggestion.
The pianist was playing the piano very carefully so I was wondering if she had a concert coming up soon.
I had a very happy time. ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment