I tidied up a closet yesterday and found two things in a box that my mother sent last month. One of them was a T-shirt.
When I was a studnet, I got the T-shirt as a premium at a festival of some sort. I wore that T-shirt instead of pajamas in a dormitory because it design was not so good. On that night, my friend called me,"Hey, spleen!" I didn't know that she was talking about at first, but after seeing her looking at my T-shirt, I understood.
Right up till then, I didn't know what the word meant. I don't understand why the designer would put such a word on a T-shirt. Native English speakers also found such a word strange, moreover it was about spleen. Speaking of which, "Go for it!" was in small print on the back. What a dowdy T-shirt!
Since then, we have a habit of reading the words printed on people's clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment